The 125cc 4-stroke Zuma – at home on unpaved roads with the attitude you want for the street.
Check out the fun loving, sporty, 2010 Yamaha BWs 125 (called the Zuma 125 in the USA). The ever popular 2010 BWs 50 (called the Zuma in the USA) has a larger sibling. The increased engine displacement and more roomy design expands the functionality of the BWs/Zuma 125, making it a great urban commuter or fun riding machine.
Even more for a very good thing.
Tough and rugged meets practical. You also get a fuel injected four-stroke engine, fully automatic transmission and pushbutton electric starting. Plus room for two to ride and gear storage inside.
The BWs125 is powered by a peppy, reliable 125cc, 4-stroke engine.
Featuring a gas sipping fuel injection system, an environmentally friendly catalyzer exhaust and a fully automatic gas it and go transmission, the BWs125 is economical to operate and a ton of fun to ride. Two-up seating means you can share the fun with a friend. The single cylinder 125cc, 4-valve engine provides plenty of power while the fully automatic transmission and electric starting make it a snap to operate.
• That tough off-road look isn’t just for looks: the strong steel frame; fat, aggressive tires; oiled-type air filters; beefy shocks front and rear and off-road style brush deflectors make this scooter at home on unpaved roads while delivering all the attitude you could want for the street.
• 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder plating, and electronic fuel injection gives this new-generation Zuma a new level of performance.
• Fully automatic C.V. transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma super-convenient transportation. Both center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it convenient to park, too.
• There’s room for two atop this new-generation Zuma’s seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it.
• The Zuma 125 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 89 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 1.6 gallons of gas.
• Zuma’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating.
• Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 super-convenient for transportation.
• For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used. The centrifugal oil filter built into the crankshaft means there’s no messy oil filter to replace.
• Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
• Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
• Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating condition, including temperature and altitude, and that means easy cold starts, too.
• Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
• Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
• Hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrodeposition and electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
• Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris.
• Swingarm has double rear shocks for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
• Fuel tank holds 1.6 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
• Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
• 220mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
• Zuma provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience.
• Two bright halogen headlights light the way—following current sportbike practice, the left side provides the 55W low beam while the right side is the 60W high beam.
• For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a key hole lock cover.
• The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 5.2-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet.
• The Zuma 125’s easy-to-read analog speedometer is flanked by a fuel gauge and indicator lights.
2010 Yamaha BWs / Zuma 125
MSRP* $3,190 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from March 2010
$3,190 (Alpine White) Available from March 2010
Type: 125cc forced air-cooled 4-stroke single; SOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke: 52.4 x 57.9 mm
Compression Ratio: 10:1
Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch Type: Dry centrifugal automatic clutch
Transmission: V-belt automatic
Suspension/Front: 27mm telescopic forks
Suspension/Rear: Dual shock
Brakes/Front: 220mm disc
Tires/Front: 120/70-12 51L
Tires/Rear: 130/70-12 56L
Length: 75.2 in
Width: 30.1 in
Height: 43.8 in
Seat Height: 30.7 in
Wheelbase: 50.8 in
Ground Clearance: 3.7 in
Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gal
Fuel Economy** 89 MPG
Wet Weight: 207 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha BWs / Zuma 125
MSRP: $4,299 CDN
Engine: 4-stroke, air-cooled (fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, single
Displacement: 125 cc
Bore and Stroke: 52.4 x 57.9mm
Compression Ratio: 10 : 1
Maximum Torque: 1.0 kg-m (7 ft-lb.) @ 6,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery: 24mm throttle body fuel injection
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 38kpl / 107mpg (Imp.)
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric Start
Transmission: Fully Automatic
Final Drive: V-belt / Spur gear
Suspension (Front): 33mm fork
Suspension (Rear): Dual shock unit swingarm
Brakes (Front): 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear): Drum
Tires (Front): 120/70-12
Tires (Rear): 130/70-12
Length: 1,910mm (75.2”)
Width: 765mm (30.1”)
Height: 1,110mm (43.7”)
Wheelbase: 1,290mm (50.8”)
Ground Clearance: 125mm (4.9″)
Seat Height: 780mm (30.7”)
Fuel Capacity: 6 litres (1.3 Imp. gal.)
Wet Weight: 122 kg (268.4 lb)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue, Metallic Black, Metallic White
For more discussion on the Zuma 125 go to link