The 2010 Yamaha BW's 50 (called the Zuma in the USA) fully-automatic transmission and electric starting means effortless, twist-and-go riding, and there's lots of room for two. There's also plenty of power in the 49cc reed-valve engine. Livin for the city? This is your ride.
Back by popular demand, the sporty Zuma is a fantastic combination of fun and practicality. Think of it as a very trick scooter or a very small sport-utility vehicle, the 2010 Yamaha Zuma's up for anything.
Nothing gets you around town quicker and more efficiently than the decidedly zippy 2010 BW's 50 sport scooter.
The peppy 49cc reed-valve 2-stroke engine fires up effortlessly at the push of a button, and fully automatic transmission makes for “gas it and go” operation, so you can just enjoy the ride. There's plenty of room for two on the comfortable seat, and a large storage compartment under the seat lets you stash your helmet or other small packages. A catalyzer in the exhaust reduces emissions, while wide aggressive tires, front disc brake and rear carrier complete the package. Ride a 2010 BW's and remind yourself why you choose to live in the city. Make every ride a total hoot!
• Carburetor settings and exhaust catalyzer technology reduce exhaust emissions.
• 49cc of reed-valve-inducted, Autolube-injected, two-stroke performance keeps the Zuma at the head of the 50cc pack.
• Fully automatic transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma super-convenient.
• The Zuma achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 123 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 1.5 gallons of gas.
• Reed-valve induction provides excellent throttle response and power delivery.
• 14mm Teikei carburetor ensures seamless fuel delivery and crisp throttle response.
• Exclusive Autolube Oil Injection System ensures no mess or hassle of premixing fuel and oil.
• Easy-to-read indicator light located on instrument panel alerts rider when oil level gets low.
• Easy, dependable electric starting with backup kickstarter.
• Fully automatic V-belt transmission ensures easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
cell phone spy
• DC-CDI system provides precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance and excellent reliability.
• Automatic choke makes cold starting a cinch.
• Long wheelbase (50.2 inches) and large dimensions (74.4”L x 27.8”W x 43.7”H) enhance rider comfort with roomier ergonomics.
• Five-spoke cast wheels wear fat, low-profile 120/90-10 front and 130/90-10 rear tires that deliver tons of grip and attitude.
• Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect inner tubes from debris.
• Single rear shock with 2.4 inches of travel ensures a plush ride quality in either solo or two-up mode.
• 155mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
• Wide front apron and floorboards enhance Zuma’s sporty profile while providing exceptional wind/weather protection and all-day comfort.
• Headlight system features dual bulbs with housings mounted atop the apron (vs. recessed) for great visibility and a sporty finish.
• Huge underseat storage compartment is perfect for hauling schoolbooks or groceries.
• Plush dual seat is long and wide for improved rider and passenger comfort.
• Sturdy rear cargo rack boasts a stainless finish and features extensions that double as passenger grabrails.
• Electronic fuel gauge lets rider easily keep track of gas level.
• Easy-to-read instrument panel features turn signal, high-beam and low-oil indicator lights.
MSRP $2,290 (Raven) Available from March 2010
$2,290 (Vivid Yellow) Available from March 2010
Engine Type: 49cc air-cooled 2-stroke single reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke: 40.0mm x 39.2mm
Compression Ratio: 7.0:1
Fuel Delivery: 14mm Teikei
Ignition: DC CDI
Transmission: V-belt automatic
Final Drive: V-belt
Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 2.6-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 2.4-in travel
Brakes/Front: 155mm disc
Length: 74.4 in
Width: 27.8 in
Height: 43.7 in
Seat Height: 30.1 in
Wheelbase: 50.2 in
Ground Clearance: 4.7 in
Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal
Fuel Economy: 123 mpg
Wet Weight: 207 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)