An advanced touring motorcycle that treats you to a velvety smooth ride designed to go on all day long..
With plenty of ponies on tap, a lightweight aluminum frame and incredible stopping power, the 2010 Yamaha FJR1300 puts the sport into sport touring. But we have not forgotten about rider comfort either. Excellent ergonomics, a stylish weather beating fairing and the peace of mind of ABS will have the miles disappearing in the mirrors… rapidly.
Ultimate supersport tourer…the Yamaha 2010 FJR1300A
Deep, smooth power that sends you down the road like a flat rock skimming a smooth lake, a perfectly tuned chassis that snaps solidly into corners and hangs onto the line you choose, powerful brakes with advanced ABS that bring you to a confident stop in all kinds of weather.
For those riders who still prefer a serious dose of power, comfort and handling in their sport touring machine, the FJR1300 is the perfect choice.
• A light-and-rigid aluminum frame, sportbike running gear and standard hard sidebags go beautifully together.
• Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
• The world’s first supersport touring bike boasts standard ABS and adjustable ergonomics—that widen the gap between it and common sport tourers to a gaping chasm.
• Instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position indicator, fuel, coolant and air temperature gauges, and clock; lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals, low oil and engine warnings—as well as real-time mileage, average mileage and air temperature.
• Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers power and torque for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
• Curved radiator with custom ducting and twin-ring cooling fans help keep engine and cockpit cool.
• Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that help minimize powerplant size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling.
• Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding high-rpm durability and performance.
• Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance supersport-touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude/weather conditions.
• Gearshift shaft features a needle-roller bearing to reduce friction for silky-smooth shifting.
• Shaft final drive system is super-durable and virtually maintenance-free.
• Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue.
• Four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband.
• Wet-sump oil system uses an easy-access cartridge-type oil filter mounted on the engine’s left side.
• Sharp-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider cooler; a central vent beneath the instrument panel cools the rider and reduces negative pressure for less buffeting, and fairing side panels with 1.2-inch adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
• Long swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics, and rear spring preload adjustment is a snap.
• Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—provides balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
• Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tankbags.
• An additional catalyst and a heated oxygen sensor are located in the exhaust for increased fuel injection control range and low emissions.
• Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases†, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
• Slim profile even with bags in place for excellent in-town maneuverability.
• Big windscreen adjusts over a wide range for improved wind protection with little negative pressure.
• Sleek, cat-eye dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlights throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility and feature easy-access adjustment knobs; mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally.
• Powerful dual-bulb taillight features integrated turn signals for a slick, one-piece look that’s aerodynamic and conspicuous.
• Integrated front turn signals with clear lenses add to the FJR1300A’s cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
• Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A
MSRP*$15,190 (Liquid Silver) Available from February 2010
Type: 1298cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
IgnitionTCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension/Front: 48mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.4-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 4.8-in travel
Brakes/FrontDual: 320mm disc, UBS ABS
Brakes/Rear: 282mm disc, UBS ABS
Tires/Front: 120/70-ZR17 radial
Tires/Rear: 180/55-ZR17 radial
Length: 88.2 in
Width: 29.3 in
Height: 52.4 in
Seat Height: 31.69 or 32.48 in
Wheelbase: 60.8 in
Rake: (Caster Angle)26°
Trail: 4.3 in
Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal
Fuel Economy**39 mpg
Wet Weight: 641 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)