Real-world performance that will make your everyday ride extraordinary.
The Yamaha 2010 FZ1 a cutting edge sport bike with a twist. Unlike most other machines in this class, the Yamaha FZ1 features a state of the art engine and chassis designs. The twist is you do not have to sacrifice performance or handling to gain excellent rider and passenger comfort… the FZ1 offers it all.
Crunch the numbers, do the math and then take a seat aboard the world’s best “naked” sport bike.
Surprisingly comfortable eh? You are looking at one of the best values in Yamaha’s 2010 line-up. The FZ1 offers exceptional open class performance with cutting style. R1 inspired power, fuel injection, twin spar aluminum frame and fully adjustable suspension. The FZ1 is a serious sport bike that offers an exceptionally comfortable and exciting riding experience.
Stripped down and ready to rumble.
Think of the 2010 Yamaha FZ1 as an upright Yamaha R1 ready to take on the world. There is more fuel-injected power in that smooth 20-valve four-cylinder than most riders will ever use in a sure footed chassis. It is a riders best ally, from track days, to commuting to touring.
New for 2010
• The ECU mapping has been revised to achieve improved throttle response in the low to mid-rpm range.
• Our ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
• Sculpted bodywork and a comfortable handlebar position for great looks and rider comfort.
• Adjustable suspension lets the FZ1 be dialed in for a wide range of uses—everything from urban assault to sport touring.
• Compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
• Fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
• Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
• Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
• Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
• High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
• Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalizer and oxygen sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
• Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
• Aggressive chassis geometry with Supersport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
• Short 4.76-gallon fuel tanks allows the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
• Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight and superb handling.
• Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
• Controlled-Fill (CF) aluminum swingarm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
• Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.
• 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
• Removable subframe for easy maintenance and detachable passenger footpegs for even more stripped-down style.
• Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
• Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
• High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
• Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
• Passenger grabrails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
• Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
• Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
• Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
2010 Yamaha FZ1
MSRP* $10,290 (Raven) Available from February 2010
$10,290 (Candy Red) Available from February 2010
Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
Bore x Stroke: 77 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
Ignition Digital: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate clutch
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Suspension/Front: 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
Brakes/Rear: 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
Length: 84.3 in
Width: 30.3 in
Height: 47.4 in
Seat Height: 32.1 in
Wheelbase: 57.5 in
Ground Clearance: 5.5 in
Rake: (Caster Angle) 25.0°
Trail: 4.3 in
Fuel Capacity 4.76 gal
Fuel Economy** 35 mpg
Wet Weight: 487 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)