Ready to go beyond city streets with punchy performance and practical features galore.
The 2010 Yamaha Majesty, one of 2 “maxi” scooters in our 2010 Yamaha line-up. The 395cc 2010 Majesty pumps out the power of a motorcycle with the convenience and comfort of a scooter. Offering a fully automatic transmission, an upgright riding position, great weather protection, and tons of room for a passenger and gear, the 2010 Yamaha Majesty breaks the traditional scooter mold and is fully highway capable.
2010 Majesty features a rugged and reliable four stroke engine, fully automatic transmission and push button electric starter. Run at highway speeds and cruise around town.
On the road, the luxurious and sophisticated Majesty is truly a prince. But at the gas pump, you’ll pay…well, like a pauper.
Enjoy lots of responsive power while you cruise effortlessly in comfort around the city or on the highway. Convenient automatic “gas it and go” transmission and unparalleled weather protection are features of this class-leading “maxi” scooter. With plenty of room for a passenger, plus huge storage space for all of your gear – not to mention the power to push it, thanks to a 395cc, 4-valve, 4-stroke engine – the Majesty gives you a ride that’ll always have you grasping for new and better superlatives to describe it. The Majesty is fully highway capable, even with 2 aboard!
• This high-tech transportation unit blurs the boundaries between scooter and motorcycle—highly utilitarian performance.
• Rugged and reliable four-stroke engine and fully automatic transmission mean hit the starter button and go.
• There’s more than enough power to run at highway speeds, room for two and plenty of storage space.
• The Majesty achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 50 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 3.7 gallons of gas.
• Powerful liquid-cooled DOHC four-valve single with forged piston and single-axis counterbalancer puts out plenty of smooth power all the way beyond 8000 rpm.
• Suction-piston-type electronic fuel injection delivers excellent throttle response and low-maintenance reliability.
• Step-motor controlled, automatic idle speed control and throttle position sensor provide immediate start-up and ride-away performance.
• Double-cog V-belt constantly variable automatic transmission makes the Majesty a twist-the-throttle-and-go machine.
• Automatic decompression system ensures easy and reliable electric starting.
• The dual-chamber airbox, air-injection system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
• Controlled-fill aluminum, die-cast main frame with steel tube subframe is light and rigid for increased performance and handling.
• 61.6-inch wheelbase provides plenty of room for tall riders and a smooth ride while enhancing handling.
• 41mm fork tubes for excellent ride and sporty handling.
• New-design rear suspension uses a pair of long-travel, coil-over shock absorbers for a smooth ride and sporty handling.
• Big, 14-inch front and 13-inch rear tires on stylish cast wheels look great and provide excellent handling and traction along with superb bump absorption.
• 267mm hydraulic front and rear disc brakes provide powerful, controllable stops with a convenient left handlebar-mounted parking brake lever.
• 3.7-gallon fuel capacity provides 185 mile-range (50 mpg*).
• Plenty of power and room for two, with integrated passenger grab rail.
• Huge, locking underseat storage will swallow up to 16 gallons of goods.
• There’s even more storage for smaller items in the inner front apron.
• Cool LED taillight is super bright and draws less electricity.
• Full instrumentation contains analog speedometer and tachometer, along with an LCD multifunction display including a fuel gauge, coolant temp gauge, ambient temp gauge, V-belt and oil indicators.
2010 Yamaha Majesty
MSRP* $6,590 (Stealth Gray) Available from January 2010
$6,590 (Pearl White) Available from January 2010
Type: 395cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke single; DOHC, 4 valves
Bore x Stroke: 83.0mm x 73.0mm
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
Fuel Delivery: Electronic fuel injection
Ignition Digital: TCI; Transistor Controlled Ignition
Final Drive: V-belt
Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 4.7-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Twin shock; 4.0-in travel
Brakes/Front: 267mm disc
Brakes/Rear: 267mm disc
Length: 87.8 in
Width: 30.7 in
Height: 54.3 in
Seat Height: 30.0 in
Wheelbase: 61.6 in
Ground Clearance: 4.7 in
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal
Fuel Economy:** 50 mpg
Wet Weight: 467 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha Majesty
MSRP: $8,499 CDN
Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, single
Bore and Stroke: 83 x 73mm
Compression Ratio: 10.6 : 1
Maximum Torque: 3.7 kg-m (26.8 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery: 38mm throttle body fuel injection
Estimated Fuel: Consumption* 21.5kpl / 61mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
Transmission: Fully automatic
Final Drive: V-belt / Spur gear
Suspension (Front) 41mm hydraulic fork
Suspension (Rear) Dual shocks
Brakes (Front) 267mm disc
Brakes (Rear) 267mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/80-14
Tires (Rear): 150/70-13
Length: 2,230mm (87.8”)
Width: 780mm (30.7”)
Height: 1,380mm (59.3”)
Wheelbase: 1,565mm (61.6”)
Seat Height: 760mm (29.9”)
Fuel Capacity: 14 litres (3.1 Imp. gallons)
Wet Weight: 212kg (466.4 lb)
Colour(s) Metallic Gray, Bluish White
For more discussion on the Yamaha Majesty go to link