Performance, attitude and style inspired by the custom chopper movement.
You are looking at a new generation of custom cruisers. A breed that stands apart. Check out the incredible attention to detail. From front to back, the 2010 Raider is loaded with “custom” inspired parts. Stretched out fork, fat rear tire, low seat and an aggressive, slammed riding position. The Raider features more black parts than the S version. The 2010 Yamaha Raider S not only looks good… it offers an incredible riding experience too.
Style. Performance. Attitude. You might as well have it all.
If you want totally custom but would rather ride than wrench, have a look at the 2010 Yamaha Star Raider. The 113 cubic inch fuel injected V-Twin engine that power it takes a back seat to no V-Twin when it comes to power and reliability. And the rest of the chopper-inspired Riader S is pure Star, designed and engineered by the world’s best bike builders.
When the engineers at Yamaha set out to produce a true custom machine, the easy part was the styling and attention to detail.
The trick was to combine “chopper inspired” styling with a chassis that would offer superior handling. The engineers at Yamaha were not willing to compromise. The Raider had to deliver great handling and excellent ride quality. Discover the eye catching blacked out details, styling and the all round performance of the Raider.
• The Raider was inspired by the custom chopper movement, but since it’s a Star, it had to also handle, stop and go.
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
• Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500-3500-rpm range.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
• Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style.
• A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
• Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
• 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• Flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.1 gallons of fuel.
• Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
• Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
• Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness and lighter weight, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
• Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider.
• Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
• Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
2010 Yamaha Raider (XV1900)
MSRP* $14,190 (Candy Red) Available from September 2009
$14,190 (Liquid Silver) Available from September 2009
Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 118.0mm
Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
Fuel Delivery: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
Ignition: TCI Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed,multiplate wet clutch
Frame: Double cradle
Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Swingarm; 3.5-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310mm
Wheels: 5-spoke cast
Length: 101.2 in
Width: 36.4 in
Height: 45.9 in
Seat Height: 27.4 in
Wheelbase: 70.9 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal
Fuel Economy** 42 mpg
Wet Weight: 692 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha Raider (XV1900)
MSRP: $19,599 CDN
Engine: Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48º, V-twin with EFI
Displacement: 1,854 cc
Bore and Stroke: 100 x 118 mm
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum Torque: 17.1 kg-m (123.7 ft-lbs.) @ 2,500rpm
Fuel Delivery: Dual 43mm cross bore downdraft throttle body FI
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 18kpl / 51mpg (Imp.)
Lubrication: Dry sump
Ignition / Starting: Digital TCI / Electric
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension (Front) 46 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 310 mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/70-21
Tires (Rear) 210/40R18
Length: 2,572 mm (101.3″)
Width: 925 mm (36.4″)
Height: 1,165 mm (45.9″)
Wheelbase: 1,799 mm (70.8″)
Ground Clearance: 146 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height: 695 mm (27.4″)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 litres (3.5 Imp. gallons)
Wet Weight: 331 kg (728.2 lb)
Colour(s) Deep Metallic Red, Silver 3
For more discussion on the Yamaha Raider go to link