102-cubic-inch V-twin in a classic hardtail-looking steel frame with ample chrome accents.
The 2010 Yamaha Road Star S features a fuel injected V-Twin with muscle to burn and plenty of chrome. It’s as easy on the eyes as it is easy to ride. Another winner in the legendary Yamaha Star series.
Fuel Injected knockout.
The Yamaha 2010 Road Star is one of the biggest, baddest air cooled V-Twins in the business. It looks good, due mostly to the classic appeal of that hardtail-looking streel frame and all the classic looking hardware that goes with it. The 2010 Road Star S gets chrome accents to the front end including chrome switchgear, front brake master cylinder, front fork and levers.
Though it’s available in a metallic black lacquer – this Star is sure to light up the road with its radiant good looks and brilliant chrome.
Gleaming chrome, a retro seat and loads of torquey muscle will have you itching to ride. Swing a leg over, fire up the massive fuel injected V-twin engine, and then settle in for a nice long ride.
• The Road Star S gets chrome accents to the front end including: chrome switchgear, front brake master cylinder, front fork and levers.
• Electronic fuel injection ensures easy cold starting and flawless fuel delivery at nearly all altitudes and in nearly any conditions.
• 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) V-twin powered beauty in a long and low hardtail-look frame, with plenty of customization potential built in. Modern engineering and materials, including ceramic-composite cylinder liners for superior heat dissipation.
• Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters and belt final drive reduce maintenance requirements to a minimum.
• Computer-controlled fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under nearly all conditions.
• 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
• Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters and belt final drive. Reduces maintenance requirements to a minimum.
• Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
• Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
• Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
• Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
• Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort for a great ride.
• Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
• Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
• 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires for a classic look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
• Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish mean lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
• Full-size floating-type rider floorboards with replaceable wear pad are roomy and comfortable.
• A two-piece heel/toe shifter and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
• 4.74-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
• Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy underseat helmet holder.
• Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
• 12V 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
2010 Yamaha Road Star S
MSRP* $13,090 (Raven) Available from February 2010
Type: 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 97mm x 113mm
Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Belt
Frame: Steel; hidden shock
Suspension/Front: 43mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Wheels: 9-spoke cast
Length: 98.4 in
Width: 38.6 in
Height: 44.9 in
Seat Height: 27.9 in
Wheelbase: 66.5 in
Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.74 gal
Fuel Economy** 36 mpg
Wet Weight: 743 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha Road Star S
MSRP: $16,999 CDN
Engine: Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 97 x 113mm
Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Maximum Torque: 13.9kg-m (100.5ft-lb) @ 2,500rpm
Fuel Delivery: 40mm throttle body FI
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 15kpl / 43mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting: Digital TCI / Electric
Transmission: Wide ratio 5-speed
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension (Front) 43mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 150/80-16
Length: 2,500mm (98.4″)
Width: 980mm (38.6″)
Height: 1,140mm (44.9″)
Wheelbase: 1,688mm (66.5″)
Seat Height: 710mm (28″)
Fuel Capacity: 18 litres (3.4 imp. gal.)
Wet Weight: 337 kg (741.4 lb)
Colour(s) Metallic Black
For more discussion on the Road Satr S go to link