Ready for the open road and adorned with chrome accents.
The 2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S comes loaded with special features, including hard saddlebags, tons of chrome and passing lamps. It’s sure to turn heads as you rumble by.
Pack your bags.
Fill up the 4.7 gallon fuel tank, plant your feet on the floating floorboards and let that big 102-cubic inch fuel-injected V-Twin have its head. Medium size adjustable windshield. Color matched hard sidebags. Touring saddle and passenger seat with backrest. You are ready to go. The 2010 Road Star Silverado S adds chrome accents and more.
The Road Star Silverado S is bathed in high quality lacquer paint and brilliant rich chrome.
Somewhere between the gorgeous looks and the rumble of the fuel injected big V-twin powerplant, the intoxication of the Silverado S takes hold. Sit back and let the miles roll by, in relaxed casual touring comfort.
• The Stratoliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
• A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, quick-detachable windshield and a quick-detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner S excellent for long hauls and short trips.
• Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
• Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efﬁciency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
• Neo-streamline design, gives the Stratoliner S a completely distinctive look.
• Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
• A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000 rpm range.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of a Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
• Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
• With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
• 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in polished clamps carries the Stratoliner S’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
• Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
• Polished, 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear for excellent grip.
• Chrome front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
• Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
• Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
• A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
• Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
• Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner S.
• Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Stratoliner S’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer.
• Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, a quick-removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, quick-detachable passenger backrest provide security.
• Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
• Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S
MSRP* $14,790 (Candy Red) Available from February 2010
Type 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 97mm x 113mm
Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension/Front: 43mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Wheels: 9-spoke cast
Length: 98.4 in
Width: 38.6 in
Height: 59.1 in
Seat Height: 27.9 in
Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
Wheelbase: 66.5 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.74 gal
Fuel Economy** 36 mpg
Wet Weight: 774 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S
MSRP: $19,199 CDN
Engine: Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin
Displacement: 1,670 cc
Bore and Stroke: 97 x 113 mm
Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Maximum Torque: 13.9kg-m (100.5ft-lbs.) @2,500rpm
Fuel Delivery: 40 mm throttle body FI
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 15kpl / 43mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting: Digital TCI / Electric
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension: (Front) 43 mm fork
Suspension: (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes: (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes: (Rear) 320 mm disc
Tires: (Front) 130/90-16
Tires: (Rear) 150/80-16
Length: 2,500 mm (98.4″)
Width: 980 mm (38.6″)
Height: 1,500 mm (59.1″)
Wheelbase: 1,688 mm (66.5″)
Rake / Trail: 32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
Ground Clearance: 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height: 710 mm (28″)
Fuel Capacity: 18 litres (3.4 imp. gal.)
Wet Weight: 352kg (774.4 lb)
Colour(s) Deep Metallic Red
For more discussion on the Road Star Silverado S go to link