102-cubic-inch FI V-Twin powered. Loaded with soul and ready for the open road.
The 2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado is legendary for its styling and strength. It’s designed with casual touring comfort in mind, including a plush seat, full-sized floorboards, and soft leather saddlebags.
Pack your bags.
Fill up the 4.7 gallon fuel tank, plant your feet on the floating floorboards and let that big 102-cubic inch fuel-injected V-Twin have its head. Medium size adjustable windshield. Color matched hard sidebags. Touring saddle and passenger seat with backrest. You are ready to go.
This is a special machine. One that blends classic styling with a deep rooted character and personality.
A massive fuel injected 1,670cc V-twin delivers impressive torque and the kind of cruising performance you only get from a Yamaha. And with wide, rubber-mounted handlebars, a touring seat geared to all-day riding, and roomy soft saddlebags, you’re ready for the long-haul. Pure power. Uncompromised comfort. And it’s dangerously close to being too damn beautiful to ride…almost. Simply legendary.
• A medium-size adjustable windshield enhances riding experience by keeping wind and weather off the rider.
• Stylish soft leather saddlebags with quick-release buckles look great and provide ample storage for traveling.
• Touring rider seat and passenger seat with backrest is shaped for roominess and extended long-range comfort.
• Power is not a problem for the long-legged 102-cubic-inch V-twin, and belt final drive passes it to the rear wheel with maximum efficiency.
• 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
• Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability and optimal heat dissipation.
• Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
• Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated autodecompressor for easy, dependable starting.
• Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
• Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
• Telescopicpic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
• Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
• 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
• Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
• Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
• Full-size floating-type rider and passenger floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
• A two-piece heel/toe shifter, and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
• 4.74-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
• Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy underseat helmet holder.
• Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
• 12V 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
MSRP* $14,590 (Pearl White) Available from February 2010
Type: 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 97mm x 113mm
Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Belt
Frame: Steel; hidden shock
Suspension/Front: 43mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Wheels: 9-spoke cast
Length: 98.4 in
Width: 38.6 in
Height: 59.1 in
Seat Height: 27.9 in
Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
Wheelbase: 66.5 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.74 gal
Fuel Economy** 36 mpg
Wet Weight: 774 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
MSRP: $18,499 CDN
Engine: Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 97 x 113mm
Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Maximum Torque: 13.9kg-m (100.5ft-lbs.) @ 2,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery: 40mm throttle body FI
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 15kpl / 43mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting: Digital TCI / Electric
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension (Front) 43mm fork
Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front): Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear): 320mm disc
Tires (Front): 130/90-16
Tires (Rear): 150/80-16
Length: 2,500mm (98.4″)
Width: 980mm (38.6″)
Height: 1,500mm (59.1″)
Wheelbase: 1,688mm (66.5″)
Rake / Trail: 32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
Ground Clearance: 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height: 710mm (28″)
Fuel Capacity: 18 litres (3.4 imp. gal.)
Wet Weight: 351 kg (772 lb)
Colour(s): Bluish White
For more discussion on the Yamaha Road Star go to link