We have taken the venerable 2010 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic and added an adjustable windshield, a backrest and leather saddlebags. Casual touring has never been more comfortable – or affordable.
Wherever you want, whenever you are ready.
Everything you need to travel is right here, with not much excess baggage to hold you back. A medium-sized adjustable windshield, low profile studded touring seat with backrest and studded leather saddlebags are everything the 2010 Yamaha V-Star Silverado needs to be a great traveling bike.
To create the V-Star 650 Silverado, we took the award-winning engineering and styling of the V-Star 650 Classic and added some of our most sought after extras: an adjustable windshield, a comfy backrest, and leather saddlebags.
This bike is perhaps best known for its awesome styling, but it’s also remarkably light and easy to ride – and affordable. Value added features like the windshield and saddlebags make the 650 Silverado the perfect entry level casual cruiser. Get an eyeful of the classic styling, legendary Yamaha reliability, and a whole lot of extras. If you don’t mind us saying so, we think you’d look pretty cool riding one.
Fuel Consumption * 21kpl/59mpg(Imp)
Windshield & saddlebags
Great for casual touring
• A medium-size adjustable windshield, low-profile studded touring seat with backrest and studded leather saddlebags are everything the V Star Silverado needs to be a great traveling bike.
• A SOHC 40-cubic-inch V-twin feeding power through an efficient shaft drive makes a great touring package.
• Rider floorboards provide great comfort on long rides, and the hardtail-looking rear end soaks up bumps with nearly four inches of rear wheel travel.
• Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
• Forged, lightweight pistons. Greater durability and reudced vibration and reciprocating mass.
• Efficient and quiet shaft drive. Requires almost no maintenance.
• Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation. Offers better cooling and longer engine life.
• Thick, cylnder cooling fins. Enhances the stylish look while increasing efficiency.
• Dual, heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. Provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
• Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
• Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, reliable performance.
• Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
• Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample legroom.
• Extra long 64-inch wheelbase produces a long, low, retro profile with spacious ergonomics that add to rider and passenger comfort and predictable handling.
• Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
• Comfortably placed full-size rider floorboards enhance ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
• Telescopic 43mm front fork with chromed covers and 5.5 inches of travel ensures a smooth ride with stylish durability.
• Classic, rigid-look, link-type rear end serves up 3.9 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock.
• Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Wide, retro-style handlebars evoke classic design with roomy ergonomics for enhanced rider comfort.
• Fat front tire on wire-spoked wheel combines retro styling with solid handling and traction.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
• Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic.
• Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank looks good and goes a long way.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• Chrome 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
• Under seat helmet holder increases rider comfort.
• Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
|MSRP*||$7,890 (Raven) Available from September 2009|
|Type||40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||81mm x 63mm|
|Fuel Delivery||(2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed;multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel; hidden shock|
|Suspension/Front||Telescopic fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel|
|Brakes/Front||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Seat Height||27.9 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||49 mpg|
|Wet Weight||583 lb / Califonia model: 587 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|