Power, handling, comfort and style. The 2010 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer offers serious middleweight performance in user friendly, confidence inspiring package. Lightweight, easy handling and a low seat height will appeal to new riders, while seasoned veterans will appreciate the comfort of the 2010 V-Star 950 Tourer's windshield, locking saddlebags and passenger backrest. Discover your free spirit – whether commuting to work or exploring back roads.
Right bike. Right time. Right now.
The 2010 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer – a bike with the Roadliner's long and low neostreamline style and stance, scaled down to a more manageable size and price range. The 2010 V-Star 950 Tourer includes a windshield, leather wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest.
Check out our latest casual touring cruiser that is fun to ride, easy to operate and easy to afford.
The V-Star 950 features a full size chassis, high quality fit and finish plus the most sought after touring items. A fuel injected 942cc V-Twin takes care of the “go” while a super low seat height, light agile handling plus windshield and saddlebags will appeal to veteran and “newbie” riders alike.
• The V Star 950 Tourer rolls out with a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest all standard, ready for the open road or the commute to school or work.
• V Star 950 is the benchmark in the middleweight cruiser class, appealing to seasoned riders as well as those looking for a friendly entry-level cruiser. The air-cooled V-twin delivers plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. Seat height is an extra-low 26.5 inches. The full-sized chassis has a long, low look and provides spacious comfort. Handling is sporty and responsive, great for curvy back roads and commuting around town as well as open-highway cruising. No wonder V-Twin® Magazine named V Star 950 the 2009 “Metric of the Year”!
• The 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Sure, there’s no-fuss air cooling for traditional looks. But inside you’ll find the reason for the surprisingly spirited performance: four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection. The meticulously tuned 2-into-1 exhaust system has a throaty exhaust note, and also 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
• The carefully designed chassis contributes to an exceptionally light feeling riders are sure to appreciate. The double-cradle steel main frame offers an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions, using the engine as a stressed member. With the engine mounting position slightly forward for optimum front-rear weight distribution and its large, 18-inch front wheel, V Star 950 has outstanding handling performance.
• We call the V Star 950 Tourer’s streamlined styling “New Style Classic.” Designers used the influence of a single, horizontal line along the entire body, almost as if the wind has sculpted the machine. The long, low look is accentuated by the headlight and low-profile fuel tank, and the openness around the engine and front wheel highlight the bike’s light appearance. Beautiful leather saddlebags complement the overall lines, while the windshield adds classic looks and functionality.
• The 57.5-cubic inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V twin. With four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio, this engine has been carefully designed to produce excellent power characteristics – and best-in-class acceleration.
• To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special compact roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass centralization.
• The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel air charge into the center of the piston for faster combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite-plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
• High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, highstrength compact design that contributes to reduce vibration.
• The designers realized that the engine’s V twin character was so pleasing on its own that a counterbalancer was unnecessary. This also contributes to simplicity and less operating noise.
• Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the V Star 950 Tourer. The injectors are four-hole, two-directional types with spray aimed at the valve surfaces. That produces good fuel atomization for faster and more complete combustion which contributes to excellent drivability. The fuel injection system also adopts an ISC (Idling Speed Control) valve for outstanding idling stability.
• Lubrication is provided by a simple, reliable wet sump system.
• The 5-speed transmission is all new, with a smooth shifting feeling, and gear ratios spaced to let the rider take full advantage of the engine’s torque characteristics and enjoy comfortable cruising at highway speeds. Naturally, power is efficiently transferred to the rear wheel using simple, quiet belt drive.
• The engine’s look is highly detailed, with polished cylinder fins and beautifully chrome-plated cylinder head covers, for an exceptional appearance sure to be noticed.
• The V Star 950 Tourer achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.4 gallons of gas.
• The steel double-cradle frame is long and low, contributing to the bike’s spacious 95.9-inch (2435mm) overall length and 66.3-inch wheelbase. That means a great ride to go along with the great looks.
• The seat height is a mere 26.5 inches off the pavement, one of the lowest around, and a fuel tank that’s made as narrow as possible where it meets the seat, it is easy for most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
• Fenders are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
• The big 18-inch front wheel helps deliver this cruiser motorcycle’s sporty handling characteristics and “Sport Classic” cruiser looks. The low-profile 130/70-18 tire is mounted on an 8-spoke lightweight aluminum wheel. The 170/70-16 bias ply rear tire adds a beefy look and helps transfer all that torque and power to the pavement.
• Large 320mm front and 298mm rear discs provide strong braking capacity with excellent feel.
• Front forks feature big 41mm tubes, and rear suspension is a bottom-link-type monocross shock. Settings are calibrated to deliver a plush ride that is increasingly firm as the suspension is compressed for good handling and comfort over bigger bumps in the road.
• The V Star 950 Tourer has a wonderfully light feel. Surprisingly, even though it has a full-size chassis, the bike weighs just 657 pounds wet, with a full tank of gas and all fluids.
• The large-diameter meter is mounted on the fuel tank for a traditional look. Meter functions include speedometer, fuel level warning light, oil level warning light, and odometer with two trip meter functions, fuel trip meter, and clock display. The LCD display illumination can be adjusted using a right side handlebar switch.
• The V Star 950 Tourer is ready to roll out with a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest.
2010 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer – USA Specifications
MSRP* $9,390 (Seashell) Available from September 2009
$9,190 (Raven) Available from September 2009
Type: 942cc air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke: 85.0mm x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork, 5.3-in.travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock, 4.3-in travel
Brakes/Front: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Tires/Front: 130/70-18M/C 63H
Tires/Rear: 170/70-16 M/C 75H
Wheels: 8-spoke cast
Length: 95.9 in
Width: 39.4 in
Height: 42.5 in
Seat Height: 26.5 in
Wheelbase: 66.3 in
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
Trail: 5.7 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal
Fuel Economy: 47 mpg
Wet Weight: 657 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2010 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $12,099 CDN
Engine: 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve, 60 degree, V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 85 x 83mm
Compression Ratio: 9:1
Maximum Torque: 8 kg-m (57.9 ft-lb) @ 3,000rpm
Fuel Delivery: 35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
Estimated Fuel Consumption: 20kpl / 57mpg (Imp.)
Lubrication: Wet Sump / 4 litres
Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
Transmission: 5 speed
Final Drive: Belt
Suspension (Front): 41mm fork
Suspension (Rear): Monocross
Brakes (Front): 320mm disc
Brakes (Rear): 298mm disc
Tires (Front): 130/70- 18
Tires (Rear): 170/70- 16
Length: 2,435mm (95.9″)
Width: 1,000mm (39.4″)
Height: 1,340mm (52.8″)
Wheelbase: 1,685mm (66.3″)
Ground Clearance: 145mm (5.7″)
Seat Height: 675mm (26.6″)
Fuel Capacity: 16.7 litres (3.7 Imp. gal.)
Wet Weight: 298kg (655.6 lb)
Colour(s) Light Yellowish Metallic Gray, Metallic Black