The 2010 Yamaha Vino 125 gives you everything you want in a scooter: a peppy ride, Euro inspired styling, clean, 4-stroke performance and incredible fuel economy. It’s also got lots of room for a passenger and storage space under the seat for whatever you need on your daily commute.
Think about all the things that you look for in a scooter. Let’s run down a little checklist, shall we?
Stylish, Euro-inspired good looks? Check. Room for two – plus ample storage for urban-suburban commuting? For sure. Fuel efficiency that has you snickering every time you’re at the gas pump? You bet.
Oh, and how could we forget — a zippy, fun ride? Yep. That too. In fact, with a 125cc 4-stroke engine, the Vino 125 gives you plenty of “get up and go.” The only place it’s miserly is at the pump. So what’re you waiting for? Scoot!
• Fuel consumption of 41 kpl or 116 mpg. Your actual consumption may vary.
• Fan-assisted cooling system maintains consistent engine temperatures, even while idling at stoplights or in traffic for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
• Fast, dependable electric starting with backup kickstarter too.
• Mikuni 26mm carburetor utilizes a hassle-free automatic choke and special carb heater to ensure fast starts even in cold weather. Throttle response is crisp while fuel economy is excellent.
• Fully automatic V-belt transmission ensures easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
• Maintenance-free CDI ignition system provides a precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance, sure starts and excellent reliability.
• Maintenance-free, centrifugal-type oil filter
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide emissions by injecting fresh air into the exhaust port to completely burn any unburned gases in the exhaust.
• E.E.C. (Evaporative Emission Control) system traps any fuel tank emissions (gas vapours – hydrocarbons) before they can enter the environment.
• Environmentally friendly muffler not only produces a quiet exhaust note, but also features a special catalytic coating that reduces harmful hydrocarbons and nitrous oxide emissions.
• 33mm hydraulic front fork with 59mm (2.3″) of wheel travel delivers good bump-absorbing performance and comfort.
• Single-shock rear suspension features 54mm (2.1″) of wheel travel while providing a plush, comfortable ride.
• 180mm front disc brake with single piston caliper provides excellent stopping power.
• 110mm rear drum brake supplies strong, reliable stopping power.
• Rugged, cast aluminum alloy, 3-spoke “mag style” wheels are fitted with wide, 3.50 x 10 tubeless tires front and rear.
• Comfortable, two-person, seat ensures excellent rider and passenger comfort.
• Large, locking, underseat storage compartment can easily hold a full-face helmet.
• Rugged rear rack adds additional carrying capacity.
• Large, chromed, 60/65-watt, multi-reflector, quartz headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and enhances the Vino’s retro styling.
• Full-size floorboards and wide, stylish front apron provide excellent splash and wind protection as well as highlighting that classic retro European styling.
• Eye-catching, chrome-plated speedometer, headlight and mirrors add value and style.
• Electric fuel gauge lets rider keep track of fuel level.
• Push-to-cancel-type turn signals enhance ease of use.
• Easy-to-use centre stand and side stand
• Side-stand safety lock-out switch prevents unit from being ridden when side stand is down.
• 3-in-1 main ignition switch combines the ignition, fork lock and underseat storage compartment lock into one convenient switch.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Locking fuel cap and steering
• Heat shield on muffler protects rider and passenger from hot components.
• Chromed “goodies” include headlight cover, speedo, handlebars, fuel cap nacelle and lower fork protectors.
• Flexible turn signals in the event of a tip-over
• Front and rear side reflectors help maximize conspicuity in city traffic.
• Additional helmet hook under seat
Engine: 4-stroke, air-cooled with fan assist, SOHC, 2-valve single
Bore and Stroke: 51.5 x 60 mm
Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
Fuel Delivery: Mikuni BS26
Estimated Fuel Consumption* 41kpl / 116mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting: CDI / Electric & Kick
Transmission: Fully automatic
Final Drive: V-Belt / Spur gear
Suspension (Front): 33mm fork
Suspension (Rear): Single shock unit swingarm
Brakes (Front): 180mm disc
Brakes (Rear): Drum
Tires (Front): 3.50×10
Tires (Rear): 3.50×10
Length: 1,755mm (69.1″)
Width: 699mm (27.5″)
Height: 1,063mm (41.8″)
Wheelbase: 1,230mm (48.4″)
Seat Height: 759mm (29.9″)
Fuel Capacity: 4.7 litres (1 imp. gallons)
Wet Weight: 109kg (239.8 lb)
Colour(s) Metallic Black, Metallic White