Super light weight, instantaneous power, less expensive to maintain, and reduced noise. These are just a few of the reasons why many customers still love a YZ 2-stroke.
Premix – Smells like victory
Born from the award winning YZ competition bikes, the 2010 Yamaha YZ125 features a light aluminum frame with a powerful, compact engine with awesome power-to-weight ratio. The 2010 YZ125 is ready to race out of the crate complete with ProTaper aluminum handlebar, titanium footpegs and gripper seat.
While some manufacturers are putting all their eggs in one basket, the engineers at Yamaha believe that choice is a good thing.
So whether your weapon of choice is a berm blasting two stroke or arm stretching four stroke, we have your needs covered.
• A light aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• The YZ125 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with a ProTaper® aluminum handlebar, titanium footpegs and gripper seat.
• A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping up from the 85cc class.
• Reed-valve spacer improves acceleration across the entire powerband.
• Amazingly compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke helps produce an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
• 38mm Mikuni® TMX carburetor gives excellent throttle response and serious horsepower.
• Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
• Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
• Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
• Primary kickstarting ensures easy restarts in any gear.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
• YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
• A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in its class.
• Speed-Sensitive System 48mm KYB® fork; damping force is controlled by piston speed which provides a smoother, more precise ride.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
• Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
• Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
• Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low ProTaper® handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
• Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
• Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
• Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
• Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
• Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
2010 Yamaha YZ125 – USA Specifications
MSRP* $6,090 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from February 2010
Type: 124cc, liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke: 54.0 x 54.5mm
Compression Ratio: 8.6~10.7:1
Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® TMX 38
Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Chain Drive
Suspension/Front: Speed-sensitive system inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel
Brakes/Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Length: 84.1 in
Width: 32.6 in
Height: 51.8 in
Seat Height: 39.3 in
Wheelbase: 56.8 in
Ground Clearance: 15.2 in
Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
Wet Weight: 208 lb