In order to get ready for MotoGP’s stop at Le Mans in two weeks, Yamaha France has released a special promotional package and four (both in variety and total production) race replica motorcycles on its website. We’ve already seen the American Fiat-Yamaha R1 LE, with its race livery and fake Rossi signature, but the new race rep’s from Yamaha France will feature paint schemes from both the Fiat-Yamaha and Monster Tech3 Yamaha teams. For the added €1,000 price tag the race replica’s demand, they’re actually a pretty good value, especially when compared to the American YZF-R1 LE. More on that after the jump.
We here in the United States are pretty lucky considering the 2010 Yamaha YZF-R1 retails for only $13,290 ($14,500 for the LE), when in France the base model R1 retails at €15,990, (€16,990 for these LE’s). At the current exchange rate, that’s quite a pretty penny for sportbike, so obviously adding to that cost is going to hurt the pocketbook only more so. However for that added metric grand, you get not only a Yamaha R1 in one of your MotoGP rider’s race liveries, but also the following:
• Bike seat cover with the official team colors bearing the number of pilot
• Pair of YEC racing levers
• Replica helmet of the MotoGP rider whose race replica you’ve chosen (which can be signed by that rider was well)
• Official Yamaha team shirt,
• 2 paddock passes paddock at Le Mans for the Moto GP weekend
• “Wild card” track day with Yamaha instructors
• Certificate of authenticity and a plaque attached to specific authentication framework makes these machines truly unique.
Source: Asphalt & Rubber
For more discussion on the R1 Replicas go to link