Archive for February, 2010
Sepang test ends with Rossi fastest again
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 26th, 2010 at 11:27 am under Yamaha Racing
Another fascinating day of testing was completed at the Sepang International Circuit on Friday, with Valentino Rossi’s best lap of 2’00.271 setting the standard as the second official test finished. The Italian – who was quickest on Thursday and also at the first test at the track three weeks ago – was 0.247s seconds faster than the time he set to qualify on pole position for the 2009 M... more.
Strong first day for Tech3 team in Malaysia
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 25th, 2010 at 7:58 pm under Yamaha Racing
Ben Spies and Colin Edwards recorded the fifth and sixth fastest times respectively on Thursday at Sepang. The Monster Yamaha Tech3 team ended the first day of the second test at Sepang in high spirits after a good display from riders Ben Spies and Colin Edwards. Riding their respective M1 machines the two riders came inside the top six times on Thursday, both showing improvements on their best... more.
2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 25th, 2010 at 1:35 am under Yamaha News
With its latest bik the Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré, Yamaha is stepping up its game and getting serious about the adventure-tourer motorcycling segment. The Dakar inspired Super Ténéré is a ground-up production for Yamaha, making it the first Japanese manufacturer to get serious about this emerging (and very profitable) market segment. With 1,199cc under the hoood, the XT1200Z Super Tén... more.
A return to Sepang for the MotoGP class
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 24th, 2010 at 1:00 pm under Yamaha Racing
Three weeks after the first official test of the year at the Sepang International Circuit the MotoGP riders will return to the Malaysian track this week to carry on with the developments of their respective prototypes, ahead of the start of the World Championship season in Qatar on April 11. Scheduled for three days from February 24-26 the opening day on Wednesday will be for test riders only, ... more.
Happy Birthday Valentino
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 16th, 2010 at 3:01 pm under Yamaha Racing
MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi turns 31 today, February 16, as he prepares for his 15th season in the World Championship. In 2009 Valentino Rossi took his ninth world title, a seventh in the premier class, as he continued his incredible World Championship career which has so far spanned 14 spectacular seasons. Turning 31 years of age today, Rossi is showing no signs of slowing down in hi... more.
Yamaha YZF-R6 and YZF-R1 Get New Brembo Products
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 15th, 2010 at 2:32 pm under Yamaha News
Braking systems specialist Brembo partnered with Yamaha Parts and Accessories Division to sell its products for Yamaha YZF-R6 and YZF-R1 applications, through the Authorized Yamaha Dealership Network. The top of the line Brembo parts being offered through this partnership include monobloc and CNC caliper kits for front brakes, a rear CNC caliper kit, the innovative 19RCS radial master cylind... more.
Yamaha Thinks Cost-Cutting and Closures
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 15th, 2010 at 11:54 am under Yamaha News
Last year, Japanese manufacturer Yamaha experienced a 28.1 percent drop in revenues. According to officials at Yamaha, the economic slump brought a decrease in sales of motorcycles and marine products both in the home market and overseas in 2009. All these made the Japanese manufacturer consider cost-cutting and reorganization. Yamaha will eliminate 200 positions in the United States and Eur... more.
Jorge Lorenzo suffers hand injury
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 12th, 2010 at 3:38 pm under Yamaha Racing
The Fiat Yamaha rider has had surgery on right hand following a training accident on Thursday, and will not participate in the next test at Sepang which takes place from February 25-26. Jorge Lorenzo underwent an operation on his right hand on Thursday, after a motocross training accident near Montmeló. The 22 year-old Spanish rider, who was runner-up in the 2009 MotoGP World Championship, ... more.
Sterilgarda Yamaha Unveil 2010 World Superbike Livery
0 CommentsPosted by prd on February 12th, 2010 at 12:39 pm under Yamaha Racing
The Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team today unveiled their new livery for the 2010 racing season. The team launched the new design on location at the Sterilgarda headquarters in Castiglione delle Stiviere to an audience of international journalists and sponsors. Riders James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow revealed their 2010 YZF-R1 racebikes then took time to answer questions about their upco... more.
Edwards and Spies start work for Tech 3
1 CommentsPosted by prd on February 4th, 2010 at 5:54 pm under Yamaha Racing
The American duo commence their 2010 efforts for the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team at the test at Sepang. Refreshed after a long winter break and boosted by the impressive performance of Yamaha's new 2010 YZR-M1 machine, Colin Edwards produced a stunning return to MotoGP action at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia today. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider ended the first day of 2010 pre-season testin... more.
Yamaha Rhino Forums
- Looking for electrical partsHello everyone, I am looking for a wiring harness, cdi, and regulator for a 99 warrior. I dont know exactly where to look and ebay doesnt really... […]
- Sick stutter87 warrior I just jetted to 45 pilot and 147.5 main also tried a 150 Aftermarket exhaust I ran it with out the filter and less bogging but when... […]
- 10% off Houser Sale10% off most Houser Racing products now thru Memorial Day. Sale automatically applies in shopping cart: Houser Racing Products-Immortal ATV... […]
Yamaha Grizzly Forums
- Msd?On my local Craigslist there's a msd 4243 he says for a 660. Isn't that wrong? I've looked them up they all say for the 700 with fi. […]
- **FOR SALE** parting out All stock suspension componentsif you need any stock suspension let me know. its all stock parts left over after intsalling Long travel kit. to give you an idea of what parts will... […]
- wtb rhino chassyI have a grizzly 700 looking to build a sxs out of it i need a frame preferably a rolling chassy […]
- A new beginning ( before and after)Image: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/B907/3E63Kb3me5Ia5O65P2cas8aebee25e66411d5.jpg Image:... […]
- 550 EPS vs No EPSHI, I'm sure this has been hashed over before, however I could not get the search to work. My brother has a '13 550 without EPS and it steers a bit... […]
- Power steering problem???I have an 09 grizzly 700 eps. Was in a tight trail today going slow crawling a lot. All of a sudden eps stopped working. The eps light did not come... […]