The 2011 Yamaha Raptor 250 is a Sport Style ATV equipped with an 249cc, Air / Oil Cooled, Single-Cylinder, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine and a Manual Transmission. It has a 4X2 driveline. The Raptor 250 has a Independent Double Wishbone Front Suspension with 7.5 inches of travel while the Swing Arm Rear Suspension has 7.9 inches of travel. The Raptor 250 has Front Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes and Rear Hydraulic Disc Brakes. The Raptor 250 was introduced in 2008 and is Carryover for 2011. It includes a 6 month Limited warranty.
• Aggressive Raptor style and stance gives maximum performance and excellent, all-day sport-riding ergonomics.
• Class-exclusive five-speed manual transmission has a gear for almost any terrain.
• Torquey, durable air-cooled engine puts out plenty of power and starts with the push of a button.
• Low-profile 19-inch rear tires boast outstanding traction and performance.
• Longest suspension travel and lowest seat in its class for true sport handling.
• Lightest weight in its class provides amazingly nimble handling and a great power-to-weight ratio.
• Light and powerful 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single produces a broad, deep powerband.
• Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
• Mikuni® 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
• Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
• DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth, broad powerband.
• Ceramic-composite cylinder liner allows for greatly reduced wear and excellent heat dissipation.
• Oil cooler keeps engine temps down and lubrication up in hot conditions.
• Airbox features no-tools air filter access.
• Three-chamber muffler is light, quiet and boosts low- and midrange performance.
• Light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis creates a quick, super-responsive high-performance package.
• Low, 28.7-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
• Rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for rider comfort.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration and handling.
• Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
• Extra-wide, 45mm footpegs provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
• Easy-to-use, flip-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
• Low profile Dunlop® tires deliver outstanding traction for razorsharp handling in a variety of terrain.
• Easy-adjust eccentric chain adjustment feature means hassle-free chain maintenance.
• Flat, composite skidplates provide maximum underbelly protection.
• Rugged steel grab bars front and rear help fend off debris and damage.
• Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton headlights add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
• Waterproof electrical connectors provide outstanding durability and reliability.
• Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 250.
• Bodywork comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, airbox or wiring harness—for easy maintenance.
• A 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more enjoyable rides.
MSRP* $4,599 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from June 2010
$4,599 (White w/Graphics Kit) Available from June 2010
Type 249cc air/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 29mm BSR
Starting System Electric
Transmission 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
Drive Train 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
Suspension / Front Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Swingarm, preload-adjustable, 7.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc
Tires / Front AT20 x 7-10
Tires / Rear AT19 x 10-9
L x W x H 64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in
Seat Height 28.7 in
Wheelbase 43.7 in
Ground Clearance 3.9 in
Fuel Capacity 2.4 gal
Wet Weight 330 lb
Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)