The 2011 Yamaha Raptor 700R is a Sport Style ATV equipped with an 686cc, Liquid / Air Cooled, Single-Cylinder, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine and a Manual Transmission. It has a 4X2 driveline. The Raptor 700R has a Independent Double Wishbone Front Suspension with 9.1 inches of travel while the Swing Arm Rear Suspension has 10.1 inches of travel. The Raptor 700R has Front Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes and Rear Hydraulic Disc Brakes. The Raptor 700R was introduced in -10019- and is Carryover for 2011. It includes a 6 month Limited warranty.
• A 686cc Yamaha fuel-injected engine makes this the most powerful Yamaha sport ATV ever, with big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top end.
• America’s best-selling sport ATV comes standard with a digital meter. Riders have plenty of information available at a glance, including speedometer, dual trip meters, odometer, clock and engine warning indicators, plus neutral and reverse indicators.
• Sport-tuned piggyback shocks provide long stroke for excellent sport-riding comfort, and are fully adjustable with convenient adjustment knobs to fine-tune the ride.
• Hybrid steel and aluminum frame with a Controlled-Fill aluminum subframe and cast aluminum swingarm combine to produce a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
• Aggressive styling reflects Raptor 700R’s intent, and YFZ-inspired handling means it walks the walk, too.
• Long-travel suspension—9.1 inches front, 10.1 rear—a cush seat and excellent ergonomics make the Raptor 700R comfortable to ride hard all day long.
New for 2011:
• New inner rolled wheel’s reduce weight while maintaining strength.
• Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
• Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
• Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
• Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700R’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
• YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700R’s power.
• Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
• State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
• Compact, CAD-designed chassis creates the ideal wheelbase for light, quick, super-accurate steering.
• Piggyback shocks provide excellent sport-riding comfort, with high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound and preload adjustability, and 9.1-inch travel.
• YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel with high- and low-speed compression adjustability for maximum sport versatility, along with preload and rebound adjustment.
• Front brake master cylinder features an adjustable lever for increased comfort and feel.
• Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
• Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
• Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever and rear brake caliper adjust automatically.
• High-performance 21×7-10 front and 20×10-9 rear Dunlop® radials with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
• Race-inspired 45mm serrated footpegs provide excellent boot traction.
• Controlled-fill aluminum subframe is light and strong. So is the composite front grab bar.
• Raptor 700R features a digital meter with speedometer, dual trip meters, odometer, clock, warning indicators for coolant and low fuel, plus neutral and reverse indicators.
• Long, YZ-style seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
• Multi-reflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
• Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
• Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
• Styling is sharp and aggressive.
MSRP* $8,399 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from April 2010
$8,399 (White/Red) Available from April 2010
Type 686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Bore x Stroke 102.0mm x 84.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm
Ignition 16-Bit ECU
Starting System Electric
Transmission 5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch
Drive Train 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
Suspension / Front Independent double wishbone w/piggy back High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel
Suspension / Rear Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound, High-/Lo-speed compression and threaded preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston
Brakes / Rear Ventilated hydraulic disc, self adjusting park brake function
Tires / Front AT21 x 7-10 radial
Tires / Rear AT20 x 10-9 radial
L x W x H 72.6 x 46.1 x 44.5 in
Seat Height 32.0 in
Wheelbase 50.4 in
Ground Clearance 4.4 in
Fuel Capacity 2.9 gal
Wet Weight 422 lb
Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight
Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)