The 2011 Yamaha Raptor 90 is a Youth Style ATV equipped with an 88cc, Air Cooled, Single-Cylinder, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine and a Continuously Variable (CVT) Transmission. It has a 4X2 driveline. The Raptor 90 has a Independent Double Wishbone Front Suspension with 4.4 inches of travel while the Swing Arm Rear Suspension has 3.3 inches of travel. The Raptor 90 has Front Dual Sealed Drum Brakes and Rear Hydraulic Disc Brakes. The Raptor 90 was introduced in 2009 and is Carryover for 2011. It includes a 6 month Limited warranty.
• The Raptor 90 has the features to deliver more fun than ever before, with an 88cc SOHC 2-valve engine tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid rpm range performance. It also has features surprising in this class and price range, like a fully automatic CVT transmission, dual A-arm front suspension, rear disc brake, low-profile tires, and styling unmistakably inspired by the mighty Raptor 700R.
• Dual A-arm front suspension has 4.4-inches of travel for sporty-riding comfort, while adding to the Raptor 90’s big-ATV look. Shocks have 5-way preload adjustment to accommodate a variety of riders and terrain. The rear swingarm, also 5-way preload adjustable, offers 3.3-inches of travel.
• For sporty looks and handling, Raptor 90 uses low-profile Maxxis® tires. For riding comfort, there are aggressive-looking full floorboards.
• For strong, reliable stopping power, there’s a hydraulic disc brake with a drilled rotor in the back, and dual sealed drums in the front.
• Restricting power output for learning riders is exceptionally convenient; there’s a simple plug-in for the CDI unit.
• Available in an exclusive White version with two graphics choices young riders will love.
• The go-getter 88cc, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve engine is tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. Engine is force-air cooled for performance and long engine life, and it uses simple, reliable wet-sump lubrication.
• Easy-to-operate electric starting comes standard, of course, and an emergency kick starter is also provided in a storage spot under the seat for more peace of mind.
• Constantly variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature entry-level riders particularly appreciate.
• Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a tried-and-true chain drive.
• Dual A-arm front suspension has 4.4-inches of travel for sporty-riding comfort, while helping to give the front end the look of a big Raptor. Shocks have 5-way preload adjustment to accommodate a variety of riders and terrain. The rear swingarm, also 5-way preload adjustable, offers 3.3-inches of travel to enhance riding comfort and traction.
• Raptor 90 is designed to be comfortable for a wide variety of riders. With its roomy ergonomics, growing riders 12 and older won’t outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement when they’re older.
• Maxxis® low-profile tires, AT18 x 7-8 front and AT18 x 9-8 rear, give Raptor 90 sporty looks and sporty handling. For riding convenience, there are aggressive-looking full floorboards.
• For strong, reliable stopping power, there’s a hydraulic disc brake in the back with a drilled rotor that’s protected against rocks and other obstacles by a beefy guard. Up front, there are dual sealed drums. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
• The DC-CDI digital ignition timing control system means reliable performance, with a strong, efficient spark.
• Battery and other electrical components are conveniently and centrally located for service. Waterproof connectors add to the overall reliability.
MSRP* $2,699 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from July 2010
$2,699 (White w/Graphics Kit) Available from July 2010
Type 88cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled single; SOHC, 2-valve
Bore x Stroke 47.0mm x 51.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.2:1
Fuel Delivery SVR22
Starting System Electric, kick start backup
Transmission Automatic CVT
Drive Train Chain
Suspension / Front Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 4.4-in travel
Suspension / Rear Swingarm; 5-way preload adjustment, 3.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual sealed drum
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc
Tires / Front Maxxis® AT18 x 7-8; steel wheels
Tires / Rear Maxxis® AT18 x 9-8; steel wheels
L x W x H 58.7 x 34.8 x 35.8 in
Seat Height 25.7 in
Turning Radius 114 in
Ground Clearance 3.9 in
Fuel Capacity 1.3 gal
Wet Weight 264 lb
Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)