Predictable power and reliability make the TT-R230 great for beginner and intermediate riders.
Ride more, worry less.
The 2011 Yamaha TT-R230 has a push button electric starter, powerful four-stroke engine, competition-style flat seat/tank junction, long travel suspension, and 11.6 inches of ground clearance. The 2011 Yamaha TT-R230 is a serious trail bike that is also accessible to a wide range of riders.
The Yamaha TT-R230 features big YZ styling, but is perfect for novice to intermediate riders. The compact wheelbase, a low seat and super convenient electric starting are part of it's user-friendly appeal.
Whether you'll be booting around at the cottage, or trekking out the back forty on the trails, the TT-R230 is up to the challenge.
The compact wheelbase, low seat height and convenient electric starting make this bike an ideal choice for novice to intermediate riders seeking out a fun oriented recreational dirt bike. The rugged, air-cooled 4-stroke engine delivers plenty of predictable power, while the off-road suspension makes quick work of rough terrain. The days will not seem long enough!
• 223cc, SOHC, Air-Cooled, 4-Stroke
• Convenient Electric Starting
• Smooth-Shifting Manual 6-Speed Transmission
• YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
• Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
• Electric start makes getting started a complete pushbutton exercise.
• A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that's also accessible to a wide range of riders.
• Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
• Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
• Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
• CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance-free.
• YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
• Lightweight exhaust with muffler and quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
• Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
• Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
• 36mm front fork with 9.5 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
• 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
• Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
• Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
• Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
• Long gripper seat is low, comfortable, and allows easy rider movement.
• Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create distinctive styling.
• Sleek fuel tank with 2.1-gallon capacity for good range and excellent freedom of movement.
• Large, folding, cleated footpegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
• Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
MSRP* $3,790 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from September 2010
Type 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke, 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 70.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Y26P
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 9.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock; 8.7-in travel
Brakes/Front 220mm single disc
Brakes/Rear 130mm drum
Tires/Front 80/100-21 NHS
Tires/Rear 100/100-18 NHS
Length 81.3 in
Width 31.5 in
Height 46.5 in
Seat Height 34.2 in
Wheelbase 54.5 in
Ground Clearance 11.6 in
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal
Wet Weight*** 251 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)